Bayer appoints new Head of Global Innovation & Development of Consumer Health
Bayer Healthcare has recently appointed its new Head of Global Innovation & Development of Consumer Health. Dr Sharon James will succeed Dr John O’Mullane, who is set to retire at the end of December.
Appointed as Director for Neurosciences and GI back in the 1990s, Dr James undertook a number of roles at Reckitt Benckiser, ultimately becoming Senior Vice President for PepsiCo in 2011. She has extensive expertise in leading global teams, spearheading a number of product developments, re-joining Reckitt Benckiser in 2011.
In this new role, Dr James will take the business in a new direction in the development of new health products and services within a growing digital age.
- Taiba Hospital: Patient care with promise
- New pilot program could overhaul traditional health FDA practices
- Google’s News Lab unveils new healthcare focused tool
"With more than 25 years' experience in the fast-moving consumer goods and consumer product sector, Sharon has a proven record of developing and supporting products for leading consumer brands," said Erica Mann, Member of the Board of Management, Bayer AG, and President, Consumer Health Division, Bayer.
"I know that under Sharon’s leadership, Bayer will continue to successfully develop and deliver new innovative self-care solutions that help people around the world be a little healthier every day."
Known for embedding a 'consumer-first' mindset in R&D, Dr James is also a strong advocate of open innovation – collaborating extensively with a broad range of partners across the health industry.
Dr. James holds a PhD in Neurobiology from University College London, Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology and a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Biochemistry from University of London.
- Bayer to manufacture CureVac COVID-19 vaccineProcurement & Supply Chain
- Bayer announces rise in group sales for Q2 but warns of lower full-year earnings than expectedMedical Devices & Pharma
- Bayer Consumer Care AG licenses enterprise:inmation through its digital transformationTechnology & AI
- Bayer and Alibaba Health form new partnershipDigital Healthcare