West Pharma appoints new Senior VP and Chief Digital and Transformation Officer
West Pharmaceutical Services has appointed Silji Abraham as its new Senior Vice President and Chief Digital and Transformation Officer.
Responsible for driving the business’ digital transformation and improve business performance across its operations, Abraham will also serve on the senior leadership team, and oversee the Company's Information Technology (IT) and Enterprise Business Systems organisations.
"Silji Abraham is a seasoned executive with a track record of delivering growth and driving change at multinational companies in the life sciences, industrial automation and automotive sectors," commented Eric M. Green, President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Apollo Hospitals will support healthcare startups with signed MoU with IBM
- Mercy Philadelphia Hospital is set to undergo a $15mn expansion
- Healthcare leading the way in data security awareness
"As West continues to execute our long-term strategy to serve as the leader in the integrated containment and delivery of injectable medicines, the effective use of technology and strong business processes will be critical to our success, and I am confident Silji will speed our transformation in both of these areas."
With over 20 years’ experience transforming leading IT organisations, Abraham will enhance West Pharma’s cyber security, which has become of significant importance in the midst of increased cyber attacks within the healthcare industry. Additionally, he will also build effective strategies to develop West’s global business operations and find new ways to enhance the customer experience.
Creating products to promote the efficiency and safety of pharmaceutical manufacturing, West provides packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products.
Supporting customers across America, Europe, Asia and Australia, the company’s full year 2017 reported net sales of $1.599bn grew 6.0% over the prior year, highlighting another year of growth for the company.
- Dame Emma Walmsley of GSK breaking healthcare barriersMedical Devices & Pharma
- Merck set to buy Prometheus Biosciences for around $11bnMedical Devices & Pharma
- Johnson & Johnson separates its consumer healthcare businessProcurement & Supply Chain
- Bayer to manufacture CureVac COVID-19 vaccineProcurement & Supply Chain