Cloud analytics - building a successful healthcare strategy
Cloud technologies are helping to revolutionize many industries in some interesting and often unexpected ways. In addition to providing IT departments with an easy way to manage and harness their IT infrastructure systems, cloud services provide innovative new opportunities for sales, marketing, legal, and virtually every other corporate branch.
As part of our technical and business consulting services, on key aspect of the added value Trianz brings is our focus on helping clients reap the greatest benefits possible from the cloud.
Analytics Used to Drive Business Strategy
In one case study demonstrating how cloud technology can be used to drive business strategy, Trianz was asked to help gather key actionable information for an emerging pharmaceutical company. We created an integrated reporting system based in the cloud that offered the client data they needed to achieve objectives in the following areas:
· Field Activity – Data gathered from Salesforce CRM is available on the cloud. Using this data, we were able to paint a clear picture of the type of prescribing activity that was taking place throughout the relevant healthcare markets.
· Sales Data – Real-time sales data was incorporated into this system so that decisions could be made based on current market activity. In addition, historical data could be analyzed by advanced systems to help the company predict future changes.
· Competitor Trends – Understanding what competitors are doing is always a key piece of information when developing a business strategy. We incorporated business intelligence into the tools so the client would have this data at their fingertips when it was needed.
· Planning for the Future – Accurate data analytics enabled our client to develop effective long-term business strategies. A clear understanding of how particular prescriptions are trending today, for example, allows them to make budgeting decisions for future research, marketing, and sales.
Collecting information from multiple points and then storing it in one location makes it easier and more effective to use that data effectively. The data used for this project was assembled from many different sources. As this pharmaceutical company continues to grow and advance, we will be able to incorporate new data sources into their existing system so that their ability to make decisions and improve their competitive position can evolve over time.
Advanced Analytics Made Possible by the Cloud
Raw data is valuable but it can be extremely time-consuming and difficult for companies to manually work through. Teams are tasked with cross-referencing data from multiple sources to create meaningful findings that inform decisions. With the power of cloud analytics, however, all data can be available in one place and automatically analyzed by advanced computer systems.
For this engagement, we set up infrastructure using Microsoft Azure, which included a complete network with virtual machines, storage systems, data backup and recovery, and much more. We then made this data more accessible using cloud-based SQL servers. Finally, the Power BI from Microsoft was used to analyze the data and generate actionable reports for the company to use.
When done, leadership teams had the insights they needed to make effective decisions. Sales teams were given mobile dashboards so they could see physicians’ prescribing trends, as well as other valuable information on the go. Not surprisingly, having this type of information allowed the sales group to make smarter decisions and grow in popularity.
Success Powered by Technology
As a technology consulting company, Trianz is excited to help our clients build on their success with the help of advanced technologies. This case study is just one example from the hundreds of organizations we have been able to help by taking a variety of customized approaches. Our consultants have years of training and experience as well as privileged access to top platforms such as Azure, AWS, and more.
Commenting on the success of this engagement, Ingo Piroth, Sr. Vice President – US Practice Leader at Trianz said, “While technology is always a rapidly evolving field, there is something truly unique about what we are seeing with cloud technology today.
By combining the traditional cloud infrastructure, advanced reporting solutions, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, we are able to offer our clients solutions that were unheard of just a short while ago. We are excited to help new clients achieve their objectives and to see where the future of cloud-based technologies will take us going forward.”
- InterSystems: digital transformation projects in healthcareDigital Healthcare
- Rob Milnes CEO of viO HealthTech on fertility technologyMedical Devices & Pharma
- Doctor Conneryd-Lundgren on digital healthcare at KryDigital Healthcare
- Jennifer Jones-McMeans advancing health equity with AbbottHospitals