Peerfit confirms $8mn in funding for its digital fitness benefits platform
The Tampa Bay-based company Peerfit, which specialises in creating a digital platform for fitness benefits, has confirmed $8mn in funding, Mobi Health News reports.
In a funding round which was led by returning investors Ark Applications and PAR, the deal sees the company’s total backing rise to over $23mn.
In an email statement to Mobi Health news, Ed Buckley, CEO of Peerfit, said: "What this round represents for us is bringing in highly leveraged partners and resources to continue our mission to redefine wellness.”
“With our growth in the past two years, we now serve people in nearly every single state in the US, large national clients, and see ourselves as the market leaders helping to drive engagement and build the bridge between carriers, employers, and the fitness industry in a data-driven way.”
- Pfizer anticipates cost of preparing for impending Brexit could hit $100mn
- CMS searches for company capable of creating digital platform for comparing healthcare prices
- Stryker confirms plans to purchase K2M for $1.4bn
- Read the latest issue of Healthcare Global here!
Peerfit enables companies to provide their employees access to a range of participating fitness studios which lets them receive credits which can be used for classes of a number of different skill levels.
The firm provides an online dashboard that allows simplified class browsing and reservations as well as sending department-wide class invites in order to reach employees in a more efficient way.
Peerfit also revealed that it has upgraded its Peerfit Studio Network to include 46 states, grown the average rate of its return by five times since the start of 2018 and currently employs almost 70 people.
- Flo Sets New Standards for Data Protection in Health TechTechnology & AI
- GE Healthcare: Defining the Future of Healthcare TechnologyTechnology & AI
- Dexcom’s €300m European Diabetes Technology DevelopmentMedical Devices & Pharma
- Johnson & Johnson: 138 Years of Pioneering HealthcareMedical Devices & Pharma