CEO Charlie MacLeod gives five how-to tips on humanizing healthcare brands
Written by Alyssa Clark
Effective marketing and advertising for a healthcare organization is essential, not only in terms of generating the company’s revenue, but in terms of promoting a recognizable and approachable brand to consumers within such a competitive market. Whether it is print marketing, video marketing or social media marketing, the most important aspect of your company, in a consumer-driven market, is its public reputation; this reputation is solidified and deemed credible in the consumer’s eye through both brand consistency and brand recognition.
In order to effectively “humanize” a healthcare brand, marketers will to conduct serious internal research and market research to understand a company’s place within its current market. From there, multiple company-specific factors are taken into consideration: company environment, company culture, company values, company history and the company’s location. The collected information begins to form a consensus used to benchmark against industry-specific competition, which highlights market trends, surpluses and gaps which the “humanized” company can now work to fill. By reorienting an organization’s brand and tuning into market competition, a company will not only improve brand consistency and recognition, but will expand into new markets to become more profitable.
CEO of SMM Advertising Charlie MacLeod specializes in increasing healthcare companies’ profitability and brand recognition. He has become an expert in humanizing healthcare brands in order to make them more approachable, accessible and desirable to healthcare consumers and profitable to the organizations that choose to invest in their own infrastructure. Breaking down the larger marketing project into five words, MacLeod presents tips and how-to tricks for those interested in capitalizing on their existing marketing and advertising potential with five simple words: build, discover, help, research and recognize.
Charlie MacLeod’s Top Five how-to tips for humanizing healthcare brands are:
1) "Building trust with the brand is essential. The tone of your messages must not talk down to your audience – it'll help to create a better customer experience."
2) "Discover the brand's essence and communicate it in a positive way that fosters a positive human connection."
3) "Help patients help themselves by having human connections via social media. Form online "Wellness Communities" which will result in patient volume."
4) "You must research – your community's perception of your brand is much more important than your perception."
5) "Recognize that your brand is no longer being defined by one voice, but by the voices of many."
By embracing these five words (build, discover, help, research and recognize) and embracing a commitment to “humanize” your healthcare brand, your organization will be on its way to seeing both financial payoffs and reputation longevity within your respective marketplace. For more information on humanizing healthcare brands or SMM Advertising, visit http://smmadvertising.com/.