Maureen Tarrant Named CEO of Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center (P/SL) and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL will soon have a new president and CEO at the helm.
Maureen Tarrant, current President and CEO of Sky Ridge Medical Center, will begin her new post at P/SL on Monday, August 4. The two-hospital campus provides the most advanced care for patients from across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains.
“I am both humbled and honored to be selected for this new role,” said Tarrant. “Over the past 11 years, I have been fortunate to work with an extraordinary team of healthcare professionals and an exemplary medical staff at Sky Ridge. Together, we created a destination facility with a depth and breadth of service that has earned the facility quality accolades, patient confidence and community respect. I look forward to bringing this same passion for growth, clinical excellence, economic development and community involvement to my new position.”
Since its opening in 2003, Tarrant has pioneered the following successes, amongst others, at Sky Ridge Medical Center:
- Achieving outstanding patient and physician satisfaction scores;
- Launching comprehensive centers of excellence in oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, and more;
- Breaking ground on its third medical office building that focuses on women and children, and;
- In October 2014, the center will open its expanded Women’s Hospital, expected to be the largest women’s hospital in coming years.
HealthONE’s CEO Sylvia Young says Tarrant has the track record to lead and expand services in the community. She believes the promotional opportunity “is a reflection of the extraordinary results she has achieved at Sky Ridge.”
“I’ve known Maureen for more than 20 years and have nothing but admiration for her abilities. She is a terrific selection for CEO of P/SL and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children,” added HealthONE Board Chair John McWilliams.
Tarrant will be taking over after the resignation of CEO Mimi Roberson, who spent 15 years at P/SL and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children.
- Healthcare providers: The route to digital transformation successTechnology & AI
- Stryker appoints a new head for its India operationsTechnology & AI
- Baylor Scott & White Health and Memorial Hermann Health System are set to mergeDigital Healthcare
- Pfizer’s announces new CEOTeleHealth & COVID-19