Neovii Pharmaceuticals names its new CEO
Set to take over the role in January, Juergen Pohle will become Neovii Pharmaceuticals new Chief Executive Officer. He is currently the company’s Chief Commercial Officer.
With a patient-focused mission to develop and market novel life-transforming therapies, Neovii has become a biopharmaceutical company with a global presence, and a leader in improving the outcomes in transplantation medicine and treatment options for haemato-oncological as well as immune disorders.
"Neovii has significantly expanded with increasing performance, paving the way to become a recognized player in transplantation medicine," commented current CEO Alexandre Sudarskis. He will continue to support Neovii as Executive Director and member of Neovii Pharmaceuticals Board.
Becoming Head of Marketing and Sales Consulting for Bayer Healthcare in Germany back in 2002, Pohle rose to become Head of Business Strategy & Intelligence, before moving to Novartis Pharma as Head of Business Development and Licensing, gaining further roles in Switzerland and the Czech Republic at the company.
- Terveystalo is set to enter the Helsinki Stock Exchange
- Navicure is looking to acquire Zirmed Inc
- Teva lands a new Chief Executive
Speaking four languages: English, Germany, French and Italian, Pohle joined Neovii Pharmaceuticals in Switzerland in 2016, and has gained over 15 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
Most recently, he has led the business for Emerging Growth Markets and Institutional Customers such as UNICEF for Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics AG in Basel.
Chairman David Fuhrer commented: "Juergen's leadership skills, his long-term proven track record and his many years of international experience in the pharmaceutical industry make him the ideal candidate for the position of CEO.
We are extremely pleased that Juergen has embraced the challenge of further driving the development and growth of Neovii."
- Dame Emma Walmsley of GSK breaking healthcare barriersMedical Devices & Pharma
- Merck set to buy Prometheus Biosciences for around $11bnMedical Devices & Pharma
- Johnson & Johnson separates its consumer healthcare businessProcurement & Supply Chain
- Bayer to manufacture CureVac COVID-19 vaccineProcurement & Supply Chain