Emdadat partners with SAP Ariba to drive healthcare solutions in Saudi Arabia
Today’s healthcare consumers are more educated and demanding than ever. To meet their expectations requires a well-oiled supply chain. And national company Emdadat is delivering it.
Specialised in providing integrated services and innovative solutions to improve the efficiency of the health sector in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in line with the Kingdom’s Vision 2030, Emdadat is using solutions from SAP Ariba to create a digital marketplace through which medical providers and suppliers can connect and collaborate across the entire procurement process, increasing efficiency and improving quality of care across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Emdadat therefore works to enable local and international businesses to import and export, facilitate market access to Saudi businesses and provide financing and supply chain services.
“At Emdadat, we have successfully integrated healthcare stakeholders into a sustainable ecosystem where they can communicate and trade with greater insight, transparency, efficiency and speed,” explained Abdullah Alfifi, Chief Operating Officer, Emdadat.
“In doing so, we are transforming the health sector in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia into one of the finest systems globally and setting a new standard for the way healthcare is sourced and delivered around the world.”
- Advocate Aurora Health will expand its hospital complex in a new construction project
- How big data is aiding patient care
- Abu Dhabi’s Healthpoint becomes the first hospital to implement the GetWellNetwork
To fuel its efforts, Emdadat is connected to the Ariba Network, and is using the cloud-based applications for sourcing and procurement delivered on it alongside solutions from SAP Hybris and SAP S4/Hana to:
- Create an intelligent digital sourcing process through which buyers – including hospitals, pharmacies and doctors, can connect with suppliers who can deliver the right goods and services at the right prices to meet their customers’ needs.
- Ensure that goods are delivered to the right places at the right times under the right conditions.
- Support healthcare entities to manage their capacity, demand, and medical equipment utilization by integrating with supply chain and sourcing activities in real-time.
The Ariba Network is the world’s leading and largest business-to-business trading platform, used by more than 3.3mn companies in 190 countries to transact over $1.7 trillion in commerce on an annual basis.
Using the network, buyers can manage the entire purchasing process from end-to-end, while controlling spending, finding new sources of savings and building a healthy supply chain. And suppliers can connect with profitable customers and efficiently scale existing relationships, simplifying sales cycles and improving cash control along the way.
“Business is all about relationships especially in healthcare, where contrary to what’s often said, business is personal,” commented Mohammed AlKhotani, Head of SAP Ariba, Middle East and North Africa.
“As companies like Emdadat have recognised, networks and the technology underlying them, are an ideal way to connect the people, information and processes needed to build stronger relationships and drive smarter decisions that yield optimal results.”