TOP 10: Tweets You Need To See About The #GreatAmericanSmokeout
On the third Thursday of November each year, The American Cancer Society observes the Great American Smokeout - a day which encourages smokers to quit. The American Cancer Society explains that even quitting for one day can lead to multiple health benefits, and ultimately, a healthier life. The day is known for being successful in reducing the number of tobacco users which is the single largest preventable cause of disease and premature death in the United States.
Below are the top 10 tweets you need to see about the Great American Smokeout.
10. Smoking causes 18 different types of cancer!
9. But don’t forget smoking isn’t the only thing that causes cancer.
8. And if you needed a few more reasons to quit here they are.
7. Thankfully our smartphones can help us quit.
6. Quitting cold turkey is the best way to do it and USC is providing cold turkey sandwiches to those hoping to do so.
5. Did you know that 1 in every 5 Veterans smoke cigarettes?
4. So even the United States Navy got involved.
3. And so did the Air Force and National Guard.
2. And really why smoke when kittens and puppies exist?
1. Lastly the creators of the Great American Smokeout remind us of this important fact.